Thursday, May 19, 2011

An asphyxiating mass of literature

It seemed appropriate on my last day of highschool to take pictures on campus. It was a lovely enough day I suppose. I had a few nice moments, but mostly the overwhelming feel of slowly approaching freedom. Like a small little goldfish in a fishbowl, about to be let free into the ocean. I'm not sure why being let loose from highschool should give me this feeling, but its a nice one. I'm pretty sure I could have done whatever I wanted before and no one would've really cared, but still. I feel like I have more room to grow (I just though of another bad analogy here involving a tree, the sun, and a hot house, but I'll stick with one overly trite cliche for this post). So there you have it. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee. To do what, I have know idea. But I hope it's freakin awesome. That said, I'm absoluetly sure highschool was the most glorious, awesome, productive acheivement period of my life and I absolutely savored every second, of course.
Anyways, here are some pictures taken by the lovely stephanie and rachel:




In case anyone is actually reading this and I'm not just talking to myself (which I'm alright with too, actually) the book is On the Road, by Jack Kerouac.

Shoes: I don't even know, some shoe store in Lucca
Jeans: Lucky Brand, zoe skinny
Dress: Nordstroms Rac
Sweater: Target
Flower: Anthropologie

"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life" -Jack Kerouac.
Indeed it is Mr. Kerouac, indeed it is.