Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I met a girl who kept tattoos for homes that she had loved,

If I were her I'd paint my body til all my skin was gone.
I'm not sure why I ended up humming that song yesterday evening while on my way into San Francisco, but it oddly seemed to fit.
Frisco's my favorite city, ever. Its dirty and disgusting but I absolutely love it. It's so overwhelming. I feel like it's the place im meant to be, but it's so scary. I feel like such an outsider, in a place I know I belong.
I woke up in new York city from my sleep behind the wheel.
Caught a train to poughkeepsie and time stood still.

Walking around with the group of kids I was with, figuring out bus transfers, and where to walk, I was torn between two feelings. An overwhelming love of the city, the desire to soak it all in and become a part of it and the desire to crawl into a ball, and tune out everything new an overwhelming in favor for something more familiar.
 She wrote me a letter from San Diego, to qualify her luck.
These flights connect through Arizona, but I think I'll stay stuck.
So here I am.

And there I was. We wandered through Castro street, up and around the haight. I bought Tales of the City and a hippie backpack. This Hobo pointed out jimi hendrix's purple orgy house and I coughed through clouds of cigarette smoke.
I woke up in a car, I traced away the fog so I could see the Mississippi on her knees.
I love the bay area. I love San Francisco, so much. It's so over powering, and chill. I love cca and the cute little shops on college avenue. I love that everywhere I look are little artsy hipster kids.
I've never been so lost.
I've never felt so much at home.

The city is a whole new scene for me. Full new challenges, and fears and adventures. Somehow, I've always felt San Francisco is my home, and I have no idea why.
She wrote me a letter as we passed through Rockford, she said she won't forget
Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I know I haven't yet.
Maybe I could live forever, if not ever I had known,
that you'd be waiting here whenever I am alone.
I started this post friday, and have been putting it off ever since. I spent saturday at a flea market (I got some sick waist beads), my parents came sunday (they bought me food, no more top ramen!), and I spent the fourth of july chilling in golden gate park. I've had so much art homework. oh em gee. I'll do a post about art at some point. So busy! I've got to say, I've met a lot of really chill people here.









dress I got at a vintage shop, new white tutu, castro, red platform keds, rape whistle someone on castro gave me (it says castro community on patrol on the side), blurry street, night lights, me in front of a crazy hippie shop on haight, my name on a bus sign!, more crazy hippie shops.

"I never saw such crazy musicians. Everybody in Frisco blew. It was the end of the contentient; they didn't give a damn"
-Jack Kerouac