Thursday, June 9, 2011

Up, up, and awaaaaaaay!

I'm sitting in Sacramento airport, waiting for my flight! I've come prepared, of course. I had a yogurt parfait for breakfast at the airport and am now working on a phineas and ferb blendy pen coloring book I found in a souvenir store. I find it really amusing that there's a Capitol marketplace souvenir shop in sac airport. It's filled with little jars filled with flakes of "real gold!" and shirts emblazoned with fun facts about California's Capitol city! As if this place is a huge tourist gold mine. I can imagine travelers from all over the country, no, all over the world marveling over these little jars of real sutters fort gold and novelty shot glasses. But I digress. I was very, very tempted to buy a trashy magazine at the little stand near the terminal, but I settled on the economist instead. Sigh.
My books for the 11+ hour flight include:
The Virgin Suicides
On the Road
The Feminine Mystique
This Side of Paradise
And John greens new novel, of which I can't remember the name.
I plan to spend the whole flight reading and listening to my iPod. I've compiled my official 2011 summer playlist and here it is, in case you're curious:
Dog days are over-Florence and the machine
Bright side-the soft pack
L.e.s. Artistes-santigold
Little lion man- Mumford and sons
Weekend wars- mgmt
Paloma negra- chavela Vargas
High flying bird- Judy henske
Take it easy- eagles
June on the west coast- bright eyes
You can't hurry love- the supremes
Howlin for you- the black keys
Blackbird-the Beatles
1983- neon trees
Gold lion- yeah yeah yeahs
Damnit Anna- the morning benders
Here comes the sun-the Beatles
Here's my plane outfit! Nice and comfy. I have a big purple sweater to layer over it too
Pants: jolt
Tank top: j crew
Watermelon shirt: American eagle

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.”
-Maya Angelou